Fans of the MacBook Pro will be interested to learn of the latest report to come out of the notoriously unreliable DigiTimes, with the site claiming that Apple will not offer a major MacBook Pro upgrade during 2018.
That obviously does not mean that we will not see a slight refresh or specification bump of the line during the next 12 months.
Citing sources supposedly in Apple’s supply chain, Foxconn is reportedly working to gain more MacBook orders during 2018.
The sources revealed that Foxconn had been aggressively working to land more MacBook orders from Apple during the past few years by offering attractive quotes. Since Apple has not had a major upgrade to its MacBook product line since the releases of its new MacBook Pro devices at the end of 2016 and has no plan for one in 2018, the US-based vendor is planning to shift orders for models that are already in mass production to Foxconn to save costs and reduce risks.
While Quanta Computer has been a major MacBook supplier for a number of years, Apple may turn its favor towards Foxconn, according to the report. Foxconn has been actively courting such a move, apparently offering attractive quotes for work in an attempt to lure Apple aware from its long time MacBook manufacturing partner.
Quanta, for its part, is said to be already looking to other vendors in an attempt to offset any lost business that it may incur this year. The company also already makes the Apple Watch for Apple, meaning the relationship between the two companies will continue in some capacity regardless of the MacBook decision.
In its current state, the MacBook split between Foxconn and Quanta heavily leans towards the latter; of the MacBooks sold each year, DigiTimes reports that Quanta accounted for a 79.5 percent share and Foxconn just 20.5 percent.
You may also like to check out:
- iOS 11.1.2 Jailbreak Tweaks Compatibility List For Electra
- iOS 11.2.5 Beta 5 IPSW / OTA Download Released, Here Are The Details
- Downgrade iOS 11.2.2 To iOS 11.2.1 Or 11.1.2: Here’s What You Need To Know
- iOS 11.2.2 Release Notes, Changelog And Security Content: Here’s What Has Changed
- Download iOS 11.2.2 IPSW Links And OTA For iPhone, iPad, iPod touch
- Jailbreak iOS 11.2.2 / 11.2.1 / 11.2.5 On iPhone And iPad [Status Update]
- Jailbreak iOS 11 / 11.1.2 On iPhone X, 8, 7, iPad Using LiberiOS [Updated]