Previously we informed you about Cydia and Rock Your Phone merger. The main purpose behind the merger was to bring all the best jailbroken apps under one roof! And now, a new major update is underway as we write this which promises to brings lots of new features and performance enhancement to Cydia store.
The improvements which we are going to see after the merger of Cydia and Rock is complete will be quite significant! Some of the changes will include:
- Download all your existing Rock apps from Cydia without having to pay for them again.
- There is a debate going on about a possible voting system to rate apps, along with the ability to provide feedback on them.
- Sign-in into Cydia store with your Facebook or Google account.
- Make backups of your existing packages installed in Cydia so that you can sync, or restore them on a another fresh new iOS device.
All this and more features are heading your way in the near future so stay tuned ! Jailbreaking your iPhone, iPod touch or iPad will be even more fun when Cydia/Rock.app merger is complete. There is no ETA on it yet, but chances are that they might unveil it on the day the new GreenPois0n jailbreak is out for all iOS 4.1 devices! Stay tuned for that! [via iSpazio]
You may also like to check out:
- Cydia Buys Out Rock to Provide One Unified Jailbreak App Store for All
- History of Jailbreaking iPhone with Saurik, the Creator of Cydia [Video]
- Jailbreaking and Unlocking is Now Officially Legal in United States
- Turn Wi-Fi iPad into iPad 3G with MyWi App for iPhone
- Enable Wireless Tethering on iOS 4 iPhone with MyWi 4.0
You can follow me on twitter or join our facebook fanpage to keep yourself updated on all the latest jailbreaking and unlocking releases.