We heard rumors recently that Apple was planning to release a new battery case for the iPhone XS, the first such case since the iPhone 7 era. Now we have photos of what appears to be marketing literature, showing the case in all its glory.
Discovered by Appleosophy, the documents show Apple’s fall merchandising guidelines for resellers, showing them how to present Apple’s cases for the 2018 season. Part of that includes an image that shows what appears to be an iPhone XS Smart Battery Case in “black leather XS” and “black leather XS Max.”
What’s particularly notable here is that Apple has never made a Smart Battery Case in a Plus, or Max size. The iPhone XS Max would be the first, and given the lengthy battery the larger iPhone offers, it’s not likely that most people will need to pick this case up. If you’re a road warrior, however, the case could be a lifesaver.
Apple’s fall 2018 ends in a few days, so it’s unlikely that Apple will get the case into the market by then. It is clear that Apple did intend to have the case ready for the end of 2018, however, it now looks increasingly likely that the case will have to wait until 2019 before making its arrival.
Also notable is the “leather” name. Previous battery cases have not been made of leather, and were instead silicone in construction. We’ll have to wait and see whether the iPhone XS and iPhone XS Max battery cases will differ.
You may also like to check out:
- How To Downgrade iOS 12.1.2 To iOS 12.1 / iOS 12.1.1
- iOS 12.1.2 Release Notes, Changelog And Other Changes As Highlighted By Apple
- Download iOS 12.1.2 Final IPSW Links, OTA Update For iPhone XS, XS Max, XR, X, And More
- Jailbreak iOS 12.1.1 / iOS 12.1: Project Zero Team Publishes Privilege Escalation Bug That Could Lead To First Public iOS 12 Jailbreak
- Call Of Duty Legends Of War Android APK Beta Download Of 1.0.0 Version Released