Another software update, another problem for Apple and its iOS team. This time it appears that the recently released iOS 12.1.1 is causing issues for some iPhone XS and iPhone XS Max users, with reports suggesting that both WiFi and cellular data connectivity isn’t performing as it should.
According to numerous reports, users are seeing full network connectivity in the status bar, but no data actually appears to be transferred or received while others are unable to establish a connection in the first place.
This is impacting both iPhone XS and iPhone XS Max, both of which use Intel modems.
While it was first thought that users who were having issues were all using the same network, we’ve heard reports that multiple networks are affected. All users are complaining that this started once iOS 12.1.1 was installed. In our very own experience, the iPhone XS Max on Virgin Mobile, UAE, has also been suffering from the same fate.
Apple’s support teams are telling users to update their carrier settings, a process which seems to be working for some, but it’s definitely not a guaranteed fix at this point. If you’re still struggling, resetting your network settings may also help, although that will erase any saved WiFi passwords – something to bear in mind before trying.
Apple is no stranger to having issues once a software update has rolled out, and this will surely not be the last time that something like this will happen. That’s no consolation to those who are struggling to use data on their iPhones right now, so we have our fingers crossed that a real fix will present itself sooner rather than later.
(Via: @AppleSupport [Twitter])
You may also like to check out:
- How To Downgrade iOS 12.1.1 To iOS 12.1
- Download iOS 12.1.2 Beta 1 IPSW Links And OTA Update And watchOS 5.1.3 Beta 1
- Download iOS 12.1.1 Final IPSW Links And OTA Update For iPhone And iPad
- iOS 12.1.1 Final Changes, Release Notes And Features: Here’s What Is New
- Jailbreak iOS 12.1.1: Apple Details Ian Beer Jailbreak Exploit Patched In Latest Firmware
- Jailbreak iOS 12.1 / iOS 12 Update: Sandbox Escape Released To Public
- Jailbreak iOS 12.1.1 / 12.0.1 / 12 On iPhone And iPad [Status Update]