Elon Musk has founded a new company in Nevada, the United States, under the name X.AI. The artificial intelligence company lists Musk as its only director.
The new company reportedly authorized the sale of 100 million shares with Jared Birchall, the director of Musk’s family office, acting as the company’s secretary.
The Wall Street Journal reports that the company is in the process of staffing up in an attempt to try and compete with OpenAI, another company that Musk was involved in founding eight years ago.
As part of his AI ambitions, Mr. Musk has spent the past few months recruiting researchers with the goal of creating a rival effort to OpenAI, the artificial intelligence company that launched the viral chatbot ChatGPT in November, according to researchers familiar with the outreach. OpenAI has set off a fever pitch of investor interest in the sector.
X.AI reportedly already hired Igor Babuschkin, from DeepMind to head the AI project, while it’s thought that Musk is trying to recruit current OpenAI employees to jump ship. It’s said that he has had limited success with that approach, however.
This move comes a month after Musk joined other tech industry workers and researchers in suggesting that the development of AI beyond that of ChatGPT should be paused to allow more understanding of the impact it could have on people and communities.
You may also like to check out:
- Download: iOS 16.4.1 OTA File, IPSW Links Out Now
- How To Fix Bad iOS 16 Battery Life Drain [Guide]
- Jailbreak iOS 16.4.1 On iPhone And iPad Latest Status Update
- iOS 16 Compatible And Supported iPhone, iPad, iPod touch Devices
- iOS 16 Hidden Features: 100+ Changes Apple Didn’t Tell Us About
- Download: iPadOS 16.4 Final OTA File, IPSW Links Released
- Install macOS Ventura On Unsupported Macs Using OpenCore, Here’s How
You can follow us on Twitter, or Instagram, and even like our Facebook page to keep yourself updated on all the latest from Microsoft, Google, Apple, and the Web.