The problems between Apple and Qualcomm were thought to be on the verge of being put to bed when the latter’s CEO Steve Mollenkopf said earlier this week that his company was “on the doorstep of a resolution” with Apple. Apple’s attorney then poured scorn on that suggestion, saying that the pair would “need a trial” in order to get to the bottom of things. Now, that’s a step closer, with a trial date having been set.
According to a San Diego Union-Tribune report, Apple attorney William Isaacson told US District Judge Gonzalo Curiel that a trial was necessary, something that matches up with a previous Reuters report that itself suggested Apple was not intending to play nicely with Qualcomm.
“The parties are going to need a trial,” said Isaacson. “There have been unfortunate articles lately that the parties are close to a settlement, and that is not true. There haven’t been talks in months.”
Now, that same judge has set a date for the trial between the two companies, with April 15th set to be the big day. Qualcomm had previously requested a date in February, but that apparently doesn’t work for the court’s schedule.
With a trial date now set, it looks like that’s where we are going. That’s when we will hear about the problem at hand, one which revolves around Apple’s claims that Qualcomm is illegally taking some of the money generated by each iPhone that has Qualcomm’s chips inside, while the chip maker claims Apple has been handing trade secrets over to Intel. That should make for a very interesting trial ahead, but there’s still time for that to be avoided if the two companies can get their act together.
(Source: San Diego Union-Tribune)
You may also like to check out:
- Download iOS 12.1.1 Beta 3 IPSW Links And OTA, tvOS 12.1.1, macOS 10.14.2, watchOS 5.1.2 Beta 2
- Jailbreak iOS 12.1 Development: All The Recent iOS 12 Progress In One Place
- Jailbreak iOS 12.0.1 Gets New Hope As Project Zero’s Bug Has Been Found To Have Been Patched In iOS 12.1
- Downgrade iOS 12.1 To iOS 12.0.1 On iPhone Or iPad, Here’s How
- Download iOS 12.1 Final IPSW Links, OTA Update For iPhone And iPad
- Jailbreak iOS 12.1 / 12.0.1 / 12 On iPhone And iPad [Status Update]