Apple has today updated the high end of its MacBook Pro lineup by giving the 13 and 15-inch MacBook Pro with Touch Bar a 2018 refresh.
The lower end MacBook Pro with no Touch Bar remains exactly as it was prior to today’s update, and more worryingly the 2015 MacBook Pro that many latched on to recently is now no longer available for sale.
That’s the bad news out of the way, but what about the new hardware? Effectively a speed bump, the new MacBook Pros gain improved CPUs, high memory and storage caps, as well as a True Tone display and T2 chip which brings “Hey Siri” functionality.
The infamous butterfly keyboard is now up to version 3 which apparently means it’s now quieter than it was before, although the jury is obviously still out on whether it improves on any of the poor longevity that many users have experienced with the current round of MacBook Pro devices.
The main talking points of the new hardware can be seen below.
15-inch MacBook Pro with Touch Bar
- New 6-core Intel Core i7 and Core i9 processors with speeds up to 2.9 GHz with Turbo Boost up to 4.8 GHz
- Up to 32GB of DDR4 RAM
- Radeon Pro GPU with 4GB of memory
- Up to 4TB of SSD storage
- True Tone display
13-inch MacBook Pro with Touch Bar
- New Quad-core Intel Core i5 and i7 processors with speeds up to 2.7 GHz with Turbo Boost up to 4.5 GHz
- Intel Iris Plus graphics with 128MB of eDRAM
- Up to 2TB of SSD storage
- True Tone display
The starting prices of $2,399 and $1,799, respectively remain the same with hardware available to order via Apple’s website now and stock expected to arrive in stores worldwide before the end of the week.
For us the biggest question has to be whether the keyboard stands up to actually being used better than previous MacBook Pro keyboards and while Apple says that it is quieter, we can’t help but think that this is perhaps the one thing people were not complaining about!
You can order the new 2018 MacBook Pros today from apple.com as well as Apple Stores.
You may also like to check out:
- Jailbreak iOS 11.4 Beta 3 On iPhone X, 8, 7 Using Electra, Here’s How [Guide]
- Downgrade To iOS 11.4 Beta 3, 2, 1 IPSW Download And Jailbreak Using Electra Now Possible
- Jailbreak iOS 11.4.1 On iPhone X By Downgrading To iOS 11.4 Beta 3, Here’s How
- Downgrade iOS 11.4.1 To Older Firmware Version On iPhone Or iPad [How-To Tutorial]
- Download iOS 11.4.1 Final IPSW Links, OTA Update For iPhone And iPad
- Download iOS 12 Beta 3 Configuration Profile File Without Developer Account
- Download iOS 12 Beta 3 IPSW Links & Install On iPhone X, 8, 7, Plus, 6s, 6, SE, 5s, iPad, iPod [Tutorial]