Apple has finally sort of admitted that its new butterfly keyboard mechanism in “select” newer MacBook and MacBook Pro models is faulty and hence launched a repair program which will not only service the problem for free, but will also offer refund to those who previously paid to get this particular problem fixed.
Apple says that if the MacBook or MacBook Pro’s keyboard is found to have a behavior in which “letters or characters repeat unexpectedly, “letters or characters do not appear”, “Key(s) feel “sticky” or do not respond in a consistent manner” then it’s eligible for free repair from Apple.
Moreover, if you have previously had serviced your eligible 2015-2017 MacBook or MacBook Pro for the aforementioned problem for a fee, Apple will provide you with a refund for it.
The following MacBook and MacBook Pro models are included in this program:
- MacBook (Retina, 12-inch, Early 2015)
- MacBook (Retina, 12-inch, Early 2016)
- MacBook (Retina, 12-inch, 2017)
- MacBook Pro (13-inch, 2016, Two Thunderbolt 3 Ports)
- MacBook Pro (13-inch, 2017, Two Thunderbolt 3 Ports)
- MacBook Pro (13-inch, 2016, Four Thunderbolt 3 Ports)
- MacBook Pro (13-inch, 2017, Four Thunderbolt 3 Ports)
- MacBook Pro (15-inch, 2016)
- MacBook Pro (15-inch, 2017)
Apple also says that “the program covers eligible MacBook and MacBook Pro models for 4 years after the first retail sale of the unit.”
More details on how to go about getting your MacBook or MacBook Pro serviced for free, or request a refund, for the aforementioned issue is detailed at Apple’s website here.
If your eligible MacBook or MacBook Pro model exhibits the aforementioned problem, it’s needless to say that you should immediately get a Genius Bar appointment at Apple and get the problem fixed for free as soon as possible.
You may also like to check out:
- Kodi 18 Leia Alpha 2 APK Download For Android, IPA For iOS, Xbox One, Windows And Mac Released
- Download: iOS 12 Beta 2 IPSW Links, OTA Update Released
- 100+ iOS 12 Hidden Features For iPhone And iPad [Running List]
- Download iOS 12 Beta 2 Configuration Profile File Without Developer Account
- Download iOS 12 Beta 2 IPSW Links & Install On iPhone X, 8, 7, Plus, 6s, 6, SE, 5s, iPad, iPod [Tutorial]
- How To Downgrade iOS 12 Beta To iOS 11.4 [Tutorial]