It’s not unusual for some products to develop issues over time, but it is starting to look like the 2017 iPad Pro lineup may have a issue that is a little wider reaching than was first thought.
For months now, some people have reported that their 10.5-inch and 12.9-inch iPad Pros are displaying what appears to be a bright spot in the middle of their displays, directly above the Home button. As time has trundled on, more and more people have started to report the same issue.
Folks over on the MacRumors forum have been discussing this issue since April 2018, and while the problem doesn’t appear to be huge, it’s one of those issues that would certainly ruin the experience of using a high-end tablet. As one forum-goer explains, the spot looks similar to a pressure spot.
I have an approx 1in spot on my iPad Pro screen which is brighter than the rest of the screen – it’s unevenly lit. The spot is about 2in above the home button, and although it has soft edges, I’m anal about my gadgets, and the difference in brightness could be described as ‘minor’, it’s clearly there. It looks a bit like a pressure spot or similar. I always keep it in a case with a screen protector and the Smart Keyboard, so it’s well looked-after.
It’s not yet clear whether the 2018 iPad Pro refresh is also impacted, and with the devices being only weeks old it’s unlikely we will know for some time. However, if you do see such a spot on any of your iPads, we’d suggest taking it into an Apple Store.
We’ve heard of some people getting replacement devices, although if you’re outside of Apple’s one-year warranty and do not have AppleCare+, things may be a little dicey. Given the cost of an out-of-warranty repair, it’s probably worth just picking up a 2018 iPad Pro instead.
You may also like to check out:
- Download iOS 12.1.2 16C104 IPSW Links, OTA For iPhone XS, Max, XR, X And More
- How To Downgrade iOS 12.1.2 To iOS 12.1 / iOS 12.1.1
- iOS 12.1.2 Release Notes, Changelog And Other Changes As Highlighted By Apple
- Download iOS 12.1.2 Final IPSW Links, OTA Update For iPhone XS, XS Max, XR, X, And More
- Jailbreak iOS 12.1.1 / iOS 12.1: Project Zero Team Publishes Privilege Escalation Bug That Could Lead To First Public iOS 12 Jailbreak
- Call Of Duty Legends Of War Android APK Beta Download Of 1.0.0 Version Released