When PUBG Mobile was updated to version 0.4.0 for iOS yesterday, right at the bottom of the release notes was one unassuming line item that that few will have noticed yet has the potential to be one of the biggest changes of them all.
That line simply says “Added 3D Touch firing options to iOS” and it’s pretty great.
While useless for those playing on an iPad or an iPhone that does not support 3D Touch, this change has the potential to alter how some people play the game.
When enabled players can fire their weapon by simply pushing a little harder on their iPhone’s display, just as they would when using 3D Touch to open menus or take advantage of the peek and pop feature of Photos and other apps.
By default, the option to use 3D Touch is disabled, but if you’re using PUBG Mobile version 0.4.0 or newer, here’s how you turn it on.
- Open PUBG Mobile and head to Settings > Controls.
- Change the control layout to Layout 2.
- Turn on 3D Touch at the bottom of the menu.
- You may wish to change the sensitivity to 200% depending on preference. Give it a try and see how you get on.
- To use 3D Touch, simply push on the display with the same finger or thumb that you use to aim. Hold if you’re using an automatic weapon.
Obviously you will need to have 3D Touch activated via the iPhone’s Settings app, hidden under General > Accessibility > 3D Touch for this to work, but we’re sure you already have that activated anyway. If not, why not?! You’ll be missing out on all the magic options that would otherwise be AWOL without 3D Touch enabled, and nobody wants that, do they?
You may also like to check out:
- PUBG Mobile 0.6.0 First Person FPP Mode Shown Off On Video
- iOS 11.4 Beta 3 Download, Expected Release Date: Here’s What You Need To Know
- iOS 11.3 Jailbreak Update: Root Shell Access Achieved On Latest Firmware
- iOS 11.4 Public Beta 2 Download Of IPSW, OTA Links Now Available
- Download iOS 11.3 IPSW Links, OTA Update Of Final Version Right Here
- Jailbreak iOS 11.3 / 11.2.6 / 11.2.2 On iPhone And iPad [Status Update]