iTunes 9.0.2 is out! Apple has announced the availability of iTunes 9.0.2 for both Windows and Mac. The most significant change that iTunes 9.0.2 brings is the added support for the new Apple TV software version 3.0. Other changes includes a fresh new look to both the iTunes software and store, option to choose individual artists, genres, TV shows and Podcasts when syncing, and various other bug fixes.
The official change log of version 9.0.2 is as follows:
What’s New in iTunes 9.0.2
- An improved look and feel, including a new Column Browser for easily browsing your artists or albums, movies, TV shows, and more.
- iTunes Store has a brand new look, with improved navigation for quick and easy exploration.
- iTunes LP and iTunes Extras create unique experiences that feature exclusive interviews, videos, photos, and more — available with select album and movie purchases on the iTunes Store.
- Home Sharing helps you manage your family’s iTunes collection between computers in your home. iTunes can automatically transfer new purchases, or you can choose just the items you want.
- Genius Mixes are created for you by iTunes and play songs from your library that go great together.
- iPod and iPhone syncing now allows you to organize your iPhone and iPod touch home screens directly in iTunes. Syncing is now also more flexible, allowing you to sync individual artists, genres, or TV show and Podcast episodes.
- iTunes U items are now organized into their own section in your iTunes library.
- Sync with iPod nano (5th generation), iPod classic (Fall 2009), and iPod touch (Fall 2009).
- iTunes 9 also includes many other improvements, such as HE-AAC encoding and playback, more flexibility with Smart Playlists rules, simpler organization of your media files inside an iTunes Media folder, and more.
Note for Jailbreakers: Those of you who are using jailbroken iPhone and iPod touch can safely upgrade to iTunes 9.0.2 without having to worry about bricking your iPhone.
iTunes 9.0.2 can be downloaded for both Windows and Mac OS X from Apple Software Update, or directly from the link given below:
Download iTunes 9.0.2