Bradley Horowitz, Google’s Vice President for product Management has just announced a new social communication tool by Google called Google Buzz. It is Google’s take on “status updates”, like popular social networking sites like Twitter and Facebook which integrates right into Gmail. The key features of Buzz are as follows.
– Automatic following friends list (from Gmail contacts)
– Rich fast sharing
– Public and private sharing
– Seamless integration with your Gmail Inbox.
– @Replies like Twitter
– “Recommended” feature which shows buzzes from people you know.
– Voice Recognition and Geotagging of Buzz
– Nearby feature – like twitter, this feature will show Buzz from your contacts nearby.
– Integration of buzz conversations in Google Maps.
Here is a short video which explains what exactly does Google Buzz do for you!
Buzz will be available across mobile, web and via a native app for different mobile platforms. This feature will go live in an hour from now at (https://www.google.com/buzz). Stay tuned as we will provide you more details as they follow.
UPDATE 1: Google Buzz is now LIVE! Access it here: https://www.google.com/buzz or here http://buzz.google.com.