WinFuture.de has managed to grab the latest bits of the upcoming operating system from Microsoft i.e. Windows 7. The build string of Windows 7 Build 7048 is 7048.0.winmain. 090219 1845 and it was compiled in February 2009. This build is currently only available to Microsoft Partners and the internal testers working in Microsoft.
This build seems to be the first build after Beta(Build 7000) which brings some of those changes which Microsoft recently highlighted on their official blog for Windows 7.
Screenshots from Windows 7 Build 7048 [Courtesy: WinFuture]
Some of the changes which are new to this build include:
- Windows 7 Build 7048 is the first build which enables the option to install different SKUs of Windows 7.
- Option to install different language packs for Windows 7.
- More glow and shine has been added to the Start Orb button to make the Windows flag appear more prominently. This is probably the third revision which the Start button has got in Windows 7 pre-release cycle.
On Left: Pre Build 7048 | On Right: Build 7048
- New icons have been added for: Control Panel, HomeGroup, Notes, Paint and Calculator applications.
- Windows Flip (ALT + TAB) is tweaked and is now implemented with Aero Peek.
- Taskbar Scaling: Icons in the Taskbar have been squeezed by 24-39% to make room for pinning more icons.
Windows 7 Build 7048 looks promising and it looks like a near Release Candidate build which we might see at the end of this month (March 2009).