There’s a case to be made for the iPhone XR being the best iPhone for most people right now, and we think that’s an argument that is difficult to pick apart. The main downside for some people when deciding whether to opt for an iPhone XR is the lack of 3D Touch, and while some don’t use it at all, others use it repeatedly.
Apple tried to get around the lack of 3D Touch by adding Haptic Touch, something that amounts to a tap-and-hold gesture that works relatively well. With iOS 12.1.1, it’s going to get better, too.
Right now, iPhone XR owners are missing out on one of the best features of the iOS notification system. Anyone with a 3D Touch-enabled device can push harder on a notification and get a preview of whatever it’s notifying you about as well as things like instant replies etc. That isn’t something that made its way to Haptic Touch, but that’s thankfully being rectified with the arrival of iOS 12.1.1.
In its current second beta release, iOS 12.1.1 allows iPhone XR owners to tap and hold on a notification to get the same information a user would if they used 3D Touch on an iPhone XS, and that’s great news. Anyone with an iPhone XR will no doubt be very pleased to hear such news, and we do wonder why Apple didn’t think to add such a gesture before now.
Not to worry, though. If you’re an iPhone XR owner rocking a stable build of iOS, your struggle will be coming to an end soon enough.
You may also like to check out:
- Jailbreak iOS 12.1 On iPhone XS Max Achieved By KeenLab
- Jailbreak iOS 12.0.1 Gets New Hope As Project Zero’s Bug Has Been Found To Have Been Patched In iOS 12.1
- Download iOS 12.1.1 Beta 2 IPSW Links, OTA For Compatible iPhone And iPad
- 2018 iPad Pro 11 / 12.9-Inch Glass Screen Protector: Here Are The Best Ones Available Today [List]
- Downgrade iOS 12.1 To iOS 12.0.1 On iPhone Or iPad, Here’s How
- Download iOS 12.1 Final IPSW Links, OTA Update For iPhone And iPad
- Jailbreak iOS 12.1 / 12.0.1 / 12 On iPhone And iPad [Status Update]
- Download 2018 iPad Pro Wallpapers For Any iPad, iPhone