Google Duplex is the service that caused quite a stir when it was announced during Google I/O last year. It’s a service that is capable of making hotel and restaurant reservations all by itself, using the power of Google and its AI chops.
It’s super impressive to see in action, but it also has the ability to feel super creepy thanks to the way it interacts with people. If you’re an iPhone or iPad owner, you can now take Google Duplex for a spin yourself.
Google has tried to make people more comfortable with Duplex by making sure they are aware that they are talking to a computer – something that it didn’t do when it was first announced. That should help with some of the anxiety people feel about Duplex, but we do still find it difficult to believe people will be comfortable with it, at least for now. That said, one day we suspect things like Google Duplex will be the norm.
Until then, it all still feels a little bit ‘off,’ but if you want to give it a try for yourself you can. Getting access to Google Duplex is done via the Google Assistant app which can be downloaded from the App Store. This is the first time the Google Assistant app has supported Duplex, with the feature having been an Android-only affair until now.
Will you be putting Duplex through its paces, and would you feel weird talking to a computer if you were on the receiving end of that call?
You may also like to check out:
- Download iOS 12.2 Final IPSW Links And OTA Update For iPhone And iPad
- Download: iOS 12.3 Beta 1 IPSW Links, OTA Update Released
- iOS 12 / 12.1.2 iPhone XS Max Jailbreak Update Provided By Unc0ver Lead Developer
- iOS 12.2 Jailbreak Status: Here’s What You Need To Know
- Jailbreak iOS 12 / 12.1.2 / 12.1.2 Beta 3 With Unc0ver And Install Cydia, Here’s How [Tutorial]
- How To Downgrade iOS 12.2 To iOS 12.1.4 On iPhone Or iPad