Cydia Impact version 0.9.51 is now available to download for all of those iPhone and iPad owners out there wanting to sideload apps. Acting promptly on the back of Apple’s releases, the maintainers of the tool have released this latest version with compatibility patches.
The release of an updated Cydia Impactor in no way means that the jailbreak-loving community should be getting excited about a potential public jailbreak release.
The tool itself may be frequently used by people who are also avid jailbreakers but it is in no way linked to the availability of a jailbreak and actually is an extremely useful Mac and Windows tool as a standalone offering for sideloading apps. This latest release simply means that users of the latest Apple hardware running the latest Apple firmware will be able to use Cydia Impactor without issue.
With this release, Jay Freeman and any associated team members have pushed out a version of Cydia Impactor – 0.9.51 – which immediately offers full support for Apple’s latest iPhone models in the form of iPhone XS, iPhone XS Max, and presumably iPhone XR. It also offers support for Apple’s latest seeded firmware, iOS 12.1, which was only released into the public domain yesterday.
The team has clearly had this update ready to go based on the pre-release seeds of iOS 12.1 and has been waiting to see if Apple had changed anything major in the final seed of the firmware. That’s why we are seeing such a prompt Cydia Impactor compatibility release this time around.
In terms of what this build offers, it’s generally just a compatibility release that ensures compatibility with the latest releases. All of the existing functionality that has previously been offered within Cydia Impactor still stands and will still continue to function as normal. This includes things like sideloading IPA files onto the device to ensure that you can get installations without having to go via the iOS App Store.
It also means that anyone looking to jailbreak using something like Electra can still get the IPA file onto their device using Cydia Impactor. However, given that there is no jailbreak in place for iOS 12.1 the new compatibility improvements don’t really have much an impact.
If you are a Cydia Impactor user then you can grab the latest version of the tool right now from cydiaimpactor.com!
You may also like to check out:
- Download iOS 12.1.1 Beta 1 IPSW Links, OTA Update, macOS 10.14.2, tvOS 12.1.1
- 2018 iPad Pro 11 / 12.9-Inch Glass Screen Protector: Here Are The Best Ones Available Today [List]
- USB-C Cable For 2018 iPad Pro 11 / 12.9-Inch: Here Are The Best Ones [List]
- 2018 MacBook Air Vs 12-Inch MacBook Vs MacBook Pro [Battery Life Comparison]
- 12.9-Inch iPad Pro Vs 11-Inch iPad Pro Vs 10.5 iPad Pro [Specs Comparison]
- iOS 12.1 Jailbreak, Should You Upgrade?
- Downgrade iOS 12.1 To iOS 12.0.1 On iPhone Or iPad, Here’s How
- Download iOS 12.1 Final IPSW Links, OTA Update For iPhone And iPad
- Jailbreak iOS 12.1 / 12.0.1 / 12 On iPhone And iPad [Status Update]