Jaxbot at XDA-Developers forums is working hard on a Windows Phone 7 Series theme to bring the Metro UI over to Windows Mobile 6.5.x (aka Windows Phone Starter) based devices. The said UI is still in very early stages of development, and has some bugs as can be expected but it promises a lot. Here is how it currently looks like running on a HTC HD2.
Current version of the theme includes lock and home screen with ‘Live Tiles’ for phone, SMS, mail and weather. The developer promises to bring more customization options (changing wallpapers), more smoother animations, ability to rearrange icons/tiles, right-side program launcher and social network integration.
Here is a video of it, running on a lower-spec HTC Windows phone:
You can go ahead and try it out for yourself by following the instructions posted at the XDA-Developers forums here. A VGA or a WVGA device is required with a Snapdragon processor like the one in HD2 for the best performance. [via Pocketnow]
You may also like to check out:
- Windows Phone 7 Series vs iPhone
- Windows Phone 7 Series vs Android
- Windows Phone 7 Series Video Walkthrough
- Windows Phone 7 Series Caught Running on HTC HD2
- Windows Phone 7 UI Leaked, Includes Xbox LIVE Integration
- Windows Phone 7 to Feature Zune UI, No Multitasking like iPhone