Over the years, we have said this many, many times and we make no apologies for saying it yet again – the jailbreaking scene is often the best place to go if you want to see the things that Apple should be looking to borrow for upcoming iOS releases.
We come across tweaks that fall into that category weekly, and one that falls very much into that category is Vigor.
At its core, what Vigor does is take an app’s icon and replace it with information either from within the app or its notifications, depending on which app we are talking about. On the face of it, that does not sound all that interesting, but in practice, it not only looks absolutely awesome, but it also has the potential to offer super-quick access to information without having to launch an app in order to see it.
Activating Vigor is as simple as opening Control Center and tapping the Vigor icon beside the Brightness slider. This button enables and disables the tweak, with another Control Center page housing a place for configuring how individual apps behave when Vigor is invoked. The latter is super-simple too, with users simply double tapping the Home screen. This causes all compatible apps to have their icon shrink into the top-left of where that icon used to be, with the rest of the space now taken up by either text from an incoming notification or something much more interesting to look at, such as the weather or the album art for the track that is currently playing.
The best way to get an idea for what Vigor can do is to either install it or watch the demonstration GIF embedded above. A couple of loops of that and we think you will be rightly hooked.
If that does do the trick, then Vigor can be downloaded from the Cydia jailbreak store, via the BigBoss repository for $1.99. The tweak is compatible to work with iOS 10.
You may also like to check out:
- Download RetroArch Emulator IPA On iOS 10 [No Jailbreak Required]
- Is iOS Jailbreaking Dead? The Pioneers Of iPhone Jailbreak Weigh In
- Galaxy Note 8 Photo Accidentally Leaked By Samsung?
- iOS 11 Beta 4 / Public Beta 3 Download Release Date Expectation
- Watch Game of Thrones Season 7 Premiere Free Online Without Cable Subscription, Here’s How
- Download iOS 11 Public Beta 2 And Install The Right Way, Here’s How
- Jailbreak iOS 10.3.2 / 10.3.1 / 10.3 / 10.2.1 For iPhone And iPad [Latest Status Update]
- Download iOS 11 Beta 3 & Install On iPhone 7, 7 Plus, 6s, 6, SE, 5s, iPad, iPod [Tutorial]