This is just to let you all know that we have now updated our previous article about the untethered iOS 4.2.1 jailbreak using Redsn0w 0.9.7 with a complete step by step video guide. You can follow the well explained instructions in the video to jailbreak your compatible iPhone, iPad or iPod touch on iOS 4.2.1 using the newly released Redsn0w 0.9.7 beta.
Here’s what you will need to know before proceeding:
- iPhone, iPad or iPod touch running iOS 4.2.1
- iPhone, iPad or iPod touch with SHSH blobs saved for iOS 4.2 Beta 3.
- Mac OS X
- Access to iOS 4.2 Beta 3 firmware file.
- If you rely on Ultrasn0w unlock, STAY AWAY from this version of Redsn0w.
- Currently limited to iPhone 4, iPad and iPod touch 4G only.
The best thing about this “backup plan” is that it doesn’t require you to restore or re-jailbreak your iPhone, iPad or iPod touch.
This is a beta tester program. Things can go very wrong, so please don’t even consider testing if you have pictures or other media on your device that you haven’t backed up!
Until we fix some sandbox issues with bluetooth, the bluetooth functionality is disabled.
Follow the steps as shown in the video embedded below to untether your jailbreak on the latest 4.2.1 firmware.
Written instructions can be found here.