Twitter for iPhone and Android apps received a much needed update today. The new version 4.1 for iPhone and version 3.1.0 for Android brings back the swipe gesture shortcut on popular demand, adds the ability to copy and paste from within tweets and profiles, along with tons of other enhancements.
Full official change-log of Twitter for iPhone includes:
– Swipe shortcut
– Copy and paste for tweets and profiles
– Press and hold actions on links in tweet details
– Font size settings
– Direct Message improvements
– Confirmation alert for Find Friends
– Improved startup time and general performance improvement
– Improved image quality in tweet detail
– Accessibility improvements
– Profile shows whether a user follows you
– Verified badges in people search results
– New language: Turkish
– Lots of other polish and bug fixes
and for Android:
– Swipe shortcut
– Improved scrolling and network performance
– Improved support for devices running Ice Cream Sandwich devices
– Confirmation dialog for Find Friends
– Security improvements
– New languages: Filipino, Simplified Chinese
– Many other bug fixes, improvements, and polish
The new Twitter for Android now also supports Amazon’s Kindle Fire (Amazon AppStore link), the Barnes & Noble NOOK Color, and the NOOK Tablet.
Last major update of Twitter apps for both iPhone and Android was back in December last year. The said update brought considerable overhauls to the mobile apps, both visually and technically, to go along with the major design change on the desktop (web) version.
The new updates can be grabbed right now by either hitting the “Update” button from your device’s respective app Stores, or directly from the links given below.