The best and the most easiest jailbreak tool has just been updated (unofficially?) to bring support for iTunes 9.2. Earlier when Apple released the final version of iTunes 9.2, it broke the compatibility with Spirit and so this new version brings the required fix to make it compatible with iTunes 9.2. However no new feature has been added. It still does not work with iOS 4 and iPhone 4. Only iOS 3.1.3 and 3.1.2 for iPhone 3GS, 3G, 2G, iPod touch, and iOS 3.2 for iPad is supported.
- How to Jailbreak iPhone 3GS, 3G, 2G on iOS 3.1.3 with Spirit
- How to Jailbreak iPad on iOS 3.2 with Spirit
- How to Jailbreak iPod touch 3G and 2G on iOS 3.1.3 with Spirit
For those of you with iPhone 3GS (new bootrom), iPod touch 2G (MC model) and iPod touch 3G who upgraded to iOS 4, only to find out that you cant jailbreak it back can actually downgrade back to iOS 3.1.3 and then jailbreak it using Spirit. Step by step guide for downgrading your iOS device from iOS 4 to iOS 3.1.3 can be found here (works only if you have SHSH blobs saved for 3.1.3).
Unlocking can be done on any baseband using Ultrasn0w 0.93, instructions for which is posted here.
You may also like to check out:
- How to Unlock iOS 4 with Ultrasn0w and Blacksn0w on 05.13.04 Baseband [Guide]
- How to Jailbreak iOS 4.0 on iPhone 3GS, iPhone 3G and iPod touch 2G using Redsn0w, PwnageTool 4.0 (Windows)