Bad news for Apple’s supply chain today amidst rumors that Apple plans to slash its March-quarter iPhone X production, reducing it from the previously anticipated 40 million figure to just half of that.
While 20 million iPhones may sound a lot, the 50% reduction is said to come off the back of rumored disappointing sales of the high-end flagship device. The reduction in the number of iPhones to be made during the quarter will have an impact on the supply chain reaching the multi-billion dollar mark.
According to a new report by Nikkei, Apple saw the iPhone X exhibit slower-than-expected holiday sales across major markets such as China, Europe, and the United States. While Apple does traditionally reduce the number of devices it has built following a holiday period, this reduction would likely be the most significant yet, although given Nikkei’s claims do not offer a source to back them up, it is difficult to judge their validity.
While reviews of the iPhone X have been almost universally positive and customer satisfaction also appears to be high, one factor that the iPhone X has going against it is that $999 starting price. While it can be debated whether that price is a fair one given everything that goes into the iPhone X, the iPhone 8 and iPhone 8 Plus at lower price points may have had a detrimental effect on the very pinnacle of Apple’s iPhone lineup.
No matter where you stand, the $1,149 asking price of a 256GB iPhone X is a lot of money, even before you start adding the price of additional accessories such as a wireless charging pad or fast charge-capable power bricks.
Rumors have already suggested that Apple will drop the iPhone X this coming September, although that does not mean that it will not be replaced by an equally pricey alternative.
You may also like to check out:
- iOS 11.2.5 Jailbreak Update: Here’s What You Need To Know
- Enable iPhone FaceTime App In UAE / Dubai Without Jailbreak, Here’s How
- Covenant Kodi Addon Alternative Aurora: Here’s How To Install It
- No Name Kodi Addon Not Working? Here’s How To Install It The Right Way
- Download iOS 11.2.5 Final IPSW Links, OTA Update For Your iPhone, iPad, iPod touch
- Downgrade iOS 11.2.5 To 11.1.2 For Jailbreak Purposes, Is It Possible?
- Jailbreak iOS 11.2.5 / 11.2.2 / 11.2.1 On iPhone And iPad [Status Update]
- Jailbreak iOS 11 / 11.1.2 On iPhone X, 8, 7, iPad Using LiberiOS [Updated]