Motorola Droid X2 for Verizon is undoubtedly a beast with 1.0 GHz Dual-Core Tegra 2 Processor. The screen of this beauty comes with qHD resolution along with 8 MP sensor for camera. And in case you have chosen this handset for the love of your Android desires, then there is more great news for you!
Apparently the recent finding from different blogs and forums suggest that you can achieve root on this handset with GingerBreak. For those of you who aren’t aware, GingerBreak is a single click rooting solution for phones running Android 2.2 Froyo, 2.3 Gingerbread and in some cases, 3.0 Honeycomb. And why exactly should you root your phone? Well it’s simple! You need it because you want total control over every nook and corner of your gadget with ability to personalize, customize and streamline your experience according to your wishes.
So if you are ready to root your Motorola Droid X2, then follow the instructions provided below:
- A Motorola Droid X2 Handset
- GingerBreak App
- The first step is to turn on your phone, go to Settings > Manage Applications and enable USB debugging.
- Once done, download the GingerBreak APK from requirements section above and save the file on your PC.
- After this connect your phone to the computer, mount SD Card as disk drive and copy GingerBreak APK to SD Card root.
- Now use any available Android file manager to install the APK on your phone. You can download Astro File Manager from Market for this purpose.
- Once you have installed GingerBreak.apk on your phone, launch the app from Homescreen.
- Press Root button in the app and wait for the exploit to run.
- If everything goes as planned, your device will reboot.
- Once your device reboots, go to Homescreen and check if SuperUser is present.
And there you have it! This is the simplest method available to root your Motorola Droid X2. In case you are facing any issues or want to report bugs, then head to the official XDA forums thread for related information.