As part of most recent Pokemon Go update, Niantic Labs let loose over 80 new Gen 2 Pokemon for gamers to collect. Those 80 Pokemon included two new evolutions for Eevee, which was already capable of evolving into Flareon (Fire type), Jolteon (Electric type) and Vaporeon (Water type).
The update added two new forms for Eevee, with Espeon (Psychic type) and Umbreon (Dark type) now available to be collected. Wouldn’t it be great if you could ensure that these two particular evolutions were the ones your Eevee would turn into?
It just so happens that you can. See, one of the first things people noticed in Pokemon Go was that it was possible to force Eevee to evolve differently depending on the name it was given. Change the name to one of the options below, and on evolution, you get a very specific Pokemon in return.
- Rename Eevee “Pyro” to ensure its evolution into Flareon
- Rename Eevee “Sparky” to ensure its evolution into Jolteon
- Rename Eevee “Rainer” to ensure its evolution into Vaporeon
Following this week;s update, the same trick can be followed in order to make sure that your Eevee turns into one of its new evolutions.
Here’s what you need to rename the Pokemon to in order to mark two more off your Pokedex.
- Rename Eevee “Sakura” to ensure its evolution into Espeon
- Rename Eevee “Tamao” to ensure its evolution into Umbreon
Just like Pyro, Sparky and Rainer, the names Sakura and Tamao are references to characters from the Pokemon anime series, so they should come as no surprise to Pokemon fans who have been paying attention.
If you haven’t yet updated to the new version of Pokemon Go (1.27.2 for iOS and 0.57.2 for Android), then now is a good time to do it. Both the Android and iOS versions are ready to download from their respective app stores, and both continue to be free.
(Bottom image via: The Silph Road [Twitter])
You might also like to check out:
- Pokemon Go 1.27.2 / 0.57.2 Hack Released [Download]
- The Best Pokemon Go Cheats, Tweaks, Tips [Guide]
- Jailbreak iOS 10.2.1 / 10.3 For iPhone And iPad [Latest Status Update]
- How To AirPlay Mirror Mac To Samsung Smart TV Without Apple TV
- Get Windows 10 Picture-In-Picture Mode For YouTube Videos, Here’s How