Pokemon Go 1.21.2 for iOS is out with support for Apple Watch. Here’s everything you need to know about this new update.
After months of speculation, Niantic and Nintendo have today finally taken the wraps off Pokemon Go for Apple Watch, making it available as part of the existing Pokemon Go iPhone app. The update, which was originally announced back at Apple’s September iPhone 7 event, is available to download from the App Store right now and brings with it a surprisingly high level of interactivity for Pokemon Go players.
While the idea of Pokemon Go on the Apple Watch has made so much sense, we all wondered why it wasn’t part of the app from day one, we all secretly wondered whether the app we finally received from Niantic would be little more than lip service. An app short on features would not have surprised anyone, but from this latest announcement by Niantic, it would appear Christmas has come a little early for fans of the game.
Features available on the Apple Watch version of Pokemon Go allow gamers to:
- Log each play session as a workout, with gameplay counting toward personal Activity rings
- Receive notifications about nearby Pokémon
- Count distance toward hatching Pokémon Eggs and receiving Candy with your Buddy Pokémon
- Receive notifications about PokéStops nearby and collect items from them
- Receive notifications when Eggs hatch and medals are awarded
One feature that will please fitness fans allows gamers to log Pokemon Go play sessions as workouts, meaning that long walk to find illusive Pokemon can also count towards a day’s activity, helping to fill those all important Activity app rings on your iPhone. Who said gamers were sedentary beings?
It may have come months after we expected, or at least hoped it would and some quarters believed it would never happen, but this implementation of Pokemon Go for Apple Watch looks to be just what the doctor ordered. It’s certainly a good first try, and we can’t wait to see what Niantic does with the app in the coming months.
Pokemon Go for iOS/watchOS can be downloaded from the App Store right now.
You may also like to check out:
- The Best Pokemon Go Cheats, Tweaks, Tips [Guide]
- iOS 10 – iOS 10.1.1 Compatible Jailbreak Tweaks On Cydia [List]
- Fix iOS 10 / 10.1.1 Jailbreak: Cydia Crashes, FaceTime And iMessage Not Working, More [FAQ]
- How To Jailbreak iOS 10 / 10.1.1 With Mach_Portal + Yalu [Tutorial]
- Jailbreak iOS 10 / 10.1.1 On iPhone 7, Plus, 6s, iPad Pro Using Yalu [Updated]