If you’ve splashed out the big bucks on a new iPhone then the chances are you’re going to want to protect it. For most of us that means putting it into a case that at least claims to offer some sort of protection against bumps and scrapes, as well as possibly the odd fall here and there. But that’s about it.
For other people though, something a little more industrial is needed. These people take their iPhones where the rest of us wouldn’t even dare. Those people need something like LifeProof’s nüüd case.
Available in both black and white – no gold unfortunately – the nüüd case will set adventure seekers back $89.99, which isn’t all that much when you look at the list of things it can do.
For starters, the nüüd lets the crazy people amongst us submerse an iPhone 5 or iPhone 5s in water up to 6.6ft and drop it onto the floor from a similar height. All this has been done before, but what’s particularly impressive to us is the details.
Remember how we said that the nüüd worked with the iPhone 5s? Well, not only does it work with it, but it really works with it. If you have your iPhone 5s in a nüüd, then you’ll be able to use Touch ID as if the phone was, well, not in a case at all. See what they did there? That alone is a pretty neat feature, but throw in the fact that you actually touch your iPhone’s screen when using it rather than having it hidden away, and things start to get really interesting.
The full list of features reads:
- The thinnest, lightest, all-protective iPhone 5s case ever made
- Screenless technology lets you touch your phone’s actual touchscreen
- Works flawlessly with the iPhone 5s Touch ID feature
- Fully submersible to 6.6 feet
- Survives drops from up to 6.6 feet
- Totally sealed from dirt, dust, snow and ice
- Complete access to all buttons, ports and headphone jack
- Clear case back shows off the brilliant Apple design
- Maximum sound output and clarity
- Anti-reflective optical-glass camera lens
- Includes optional scratch protectors
- Your nüüd for iPhone 5s is backed by a 1-year warranty
Impressed? We don’t blame you. If you’re likely be swimming across an ocean, trekking across the Antarctic or dropping your phone off of your desk at around 6 and a half feed, this may be worth a look for sure.
Feeling all excited about getting the case? Simply head over to Lifeproof.com and order yours right away!