The folks behind Kodi, the ever-popular media playback software, have today taken the wraps off of the final build of Kodi 17.1, a bug fix release that is available to download now.
Carrying the same Krypton designation as version 17.0 that came before it, this new release comes after a Release Candidate cycle that started about a month ago. The update does not add any new features to the media center software – that all came in version 17 – but what it does do is fix a whole host of bugs while also tweaking a few features here and there.
Amongst those changes are some unnamed alterations to how the user interfaces Estuary and Estouchy look and behave. Of course, the two different interfaces have also received their own bug fixes.
Improved keyboard mapping and analog stick handling are also listed as improvements to input methods, while those who do not want to have their device rumble upon the receipt of notifications will be pleased to see the new option to disable exactly that which has been added as part of Kodi 17.1. Other improvements include:
- Update Estuary and Estouchy with some bugfixes and improvements
- Fix EDL skipping
- Fix slow song smartplaylist
- Several PVR fixes
- Update Chorus webinterface
- Fix addons not being marked broken when they are updated with broken flag
- Add limiter on random songs which should prevent large memory usage on big libraries
- Improve keyboard mapping during button mapping
- Improve analog stick handling
- Improve plugin performance when building the content list
- Include RTMP inputstream add-on for Windows
- Don’t close subtitle stream when switching audio
- Fix replaygain for music files
- Fix controllers buttons on Android
- Fix music cleanup hanging on large MySQL music database
- Fix use of SMB on Android on new installs
- Fix possible Kodi upgrade migration hang during add-on update process
- Add check in Windows installer for Service Packs and updates that Kodi needs to operate
- Don’t try to read tags from internet audio streams
- Add setting to disable controller rumble on notifications
Amazingly, that does not even cover the whole list, with the full changelog available via the Kodi website if you really do want to go digging to see if that one bug that drives you crazy has been fixed. Spoiler: it probably has.
You can download the final release of Kodi 17.1 from kodi.tv right now.
You might also like to check out:
- Download Kodi 17 Krypton IPA File On iOS 10 iPhone Or iPad
- Kodi Coming To Xbox One As Universal Windows Platform (UWP) App
- How To Sideload Kodi On iOS 10 Without Jailbreak [Tutorial]
- How To Sideload / Install Kodi On Apple TV 4
- Sideload / Install Kodi On Amazon Fire TV Stick The Easy Way [How-To Tutorial]
- Pokemon Go 1.29.1 And 0.59.1 Hack Available To Download Now