We have been constantly getting reports from our readers, by email, Facebook Page and in comments about JailbreakMe.com being down for them. If you are unable to access JailbreakMe.com on any if your iOS device, try out the following fixes. One of these will hopefully fix the problem for you so that you can jailbreak your iPhone, iPad or iPod touch.
1. Instead of going to http://www.jailbreakme.com, try http://jailbreakme.com/index.html which will take you directly to the working version of the site.
2. If the above url doesn’t work for you, try this one http//www.jailbreakme.ca with Canadian extension, which according to App Advice is basically a mirror and so it will redirect you to the current stable version of the site.
Let us know whether any of these have fixed the problem for you, and if you have any other alternative for accessing JailbreakMe, please share it with us in the comments section below.
Also as a reminder, JailbreakMe will only work on any iPhone, iPad and iPod touch as long as it running iOS 4.0.1 / iOS 3.2.1 or below. It will not work on iOS 4.1 / 4.0.2 / 3.2.2.
You can follow our step by step guides posted below to jailbreak:
- How to Jailbreak iPhone 4, 3GS on iOS 4.0.1 with JailbreakMe 2.0
- How to Jailbreak iPod touch 3G and 2G on iOS 4.0 with JailbreakMe 2.0
- How to Jailbreak iPad on iOS 3.2.2 with JailbreakMe 2.0
Once you are done with the jailbreak, you can follow our step by step guide posted here to unlock your iPhone on iOS 4.x, on any baseband using Ultrasn0w.
Some other JailbreakMe related fixes that you maybe interested in..
- Fix Purple Screen Problem When Jailbreaking with JailbreakMe 2.0
- How to Fix T-Mobile US MMS Problem on iPhone 4 Running iOS 4.0.1 / 4.0
- Secure Your iPhone, iPod touch and iPad from PDF Exploit without Updating to iOS 4.0.2 / 3.2.2
- Fix “Different SIM Detected” Problem in iPhone 4 / 3GS / 3G After Jailbreaking with JailbreakMe
- Fix / Activate FaceTime on Unlocked iPhone 4 (on Unofficial Carriers like T-Mobile) Using MiTime