Today is the big iPhone X launch day and if you pre-ordered early enough you likely have your iPhone in-hand now or, at the very least, know it will arrive today. One group who definitely did take delivery of a brand new iPhone X is iFixit.
With the end result being very predictable indeed – they took it apart.
The teardowns performed by iFixit are the thing of legend at this point, and it’s a rite of passage for any big smartphone release for them to end up with their innards spread across the iFixit bench. The iPhone X can now be seen in all its glory, from the dual 2-cell 2716mAh battery, 3GB RAM, to the components used for making the new wireless charging work.
One of the most important aspects of the new iPhone is the dramatically reduced size of its logic board. According to iFixit, the miniaturization going on here means that the logic board in the iPhone X is around 70% of the size of the one used in the iPhone 8. That’s a feat worth mentioning.
As always, the folks at iFixit have released some high resolution images showing the iPhone X in all its glory, and you can get your best look yet of all the big name parts that make the iPhone X different this year. The TrueDepth camera system is included in that, along with the flood illuminator that throws 30,000 infrared dots onto a user’s face to allow the camera to grab the image that allows Face ID to work.
Everything, from the camera to the battery in this thing has been laid out with space maximization in mind, and the result makes for some impressive imagery. If you have an iPhone X, or are waiting for one to arrive or just appreciate good engineering, these iFixit photos in source link below are well worth a glance through.
You may also like to check out:
- The Best iPhone X Ultra-Slim Cases That Don’t Break The Bank
- How To Take Screenshots On iPhone X With No Home Button
- DFU Mode On iPhone X / 8: Here’s How To Enter It
- Recovery Mode On iPhone X / 8: Here’s How To Enter It
- Check iPhone X Battery Percentage In Status Bar, Here’s How
- Download iOS 11.1 IPSW Links And OTA Update Of Final Version
- Downgrade iOS 11 / 11.1 On iPhone Or iPad [How-To Guide]
- Download iOS 11, 11.1, 11.0.3 Links & Install On iPhone X, 8, 7 Plus, 6s, 6, SE, iPad, iPod [Tutorial]
- Jailbreak iOS 11 / 11.1 / 11.0.3 On iPhone And iPad [Status Update]