The iPhone hacker behind sn0wbreeze, f0recast and BlackBreeze today has posted a tweet via his twitter account in which he has confirmed to have grabbed the decryption keys for iPhone OS 4.0. While the OS hasn’t been jailbroken yet, but according to iH8sn0w, it is very much possible.
decrypting the firmware and Jailbreaking it 🙂
Wow, some blogs are really off on accuracy. So far, 4.0 is NOT jailbroken, but is possible. I also do not have an exploit for a jailbreak.
Apple yesterday unveiled iPhone OS 4 which brought more than 100 new features and over 1500 new APIs for both users and developers respectively. iPhone OS 4 is fully supported on iPhone 3GS and iPod touch 3G. iPhone 3G and iPod touch 2G will run most of the things except for multitasking. An iPad version of iPhone OS 4 is expected to be released this fall.
In mean time, you can follow our complete jailbreaking guide for iPhone 3.1.3 firmware for iPhone 2G, 3G, 3GS and iPod touch 1G/2G using redsn0w 0.9.3, redsn0w 0.9.4, sn0wbreeze, PwnageTool 3.1.5. Unlocking can be done using ultrasn0w or blacksn0w.
Stay tuned as we will keep you updated on the entire jailbreak situation.
- Download iPhone 4.0 Beta for iPhone and iPod touch
- iPhone OS 4 – Hands-on Video and Screenshots
- GreenPois0n to Jailbreak iPad OS 3.2?
- Untethered Jailbreak for iPhone 3.1.3 / 3.2 and iPad (Video)
- GreenPois0n to Jailbreak iPhone 3.2 and iPad Untethered
- Jailbreak Phone OS 4.0: An In-depth Look at the Jailbreak Situation