iPhone 4 was announced at WWDC 10 by Steve Jobs in front of packed audience at Moscone Center, San Francisco. This release without a doubt is a significant jump in the iPhone line-up since its introduction back in 2007.
Folks at Engadget were lucky enough to have got hands-on demo of the device which they unsurprisingly found to be incredibly sexy. Their first impression of the phone in question was:
- As we said, it’s shockingly thin.
- The screen is truly outrageous — you basically cannot see pixels on it. We’re not being hyperbolic when we say it’s easily the best looking mobile phone screen we’ve ever laid eyes on.
- The build quality is really solid. The home button feels much snappier, and on the whole it just feels like a tightly-packed device, but it’s not heavy.
- The side buttons are really nice and clicky.
- iOS 4 is very familiar — there’s not a lot added to fit and finish.
- The general speed of the whole OS is way snappier. The camera app in particular is noticeably faster — shots get snapped in an instant.
and here is the video demo, showing “FaceTime” video demo in action!
iPhone 4 will be available in white and black, with price tag of $199 for the 16GB model and $299 for 32GB. It will go on sale on June 24th. At the same time, the 3GS will be dropped to $99 and the 3G will disappear completely. Pre-orders will start from 15 this month, with 5 countries at launch (US, France, Germany, UK, Japan) and in 18 more in July. [via Engadget]
You may also like to check out:
- Apple iPhone 4 Ad from WWDC 2010 [Video]
- iPhone 4 Unveiled by Apple at WWDC 10
- iOS 4 GM for iPhone 3GS Jailbroken
- Apple Release iOS 4 for iPhone and iPod touch
- WWDC 2010: iPhone 4 Features, Price and Availability – Everything You Need to Know!