Developer CoolStar, who is responsible for the development and release of the wonderful Electra jailbreak for iOS 11.1.2 devices, has provided additional updates on the progress being made to bring Cydia to Electra, which means we should expect an updated Electra sooner-rather-than-later.
CoolStar managed to get excitement levels raised earlier this week when he announced that a modified version of Cydia will soon be installed when jailbreaking with Electra.
When that announcement was made, the developer was missing three important Cydia dependencies that would allow an updated version of Electra to come packaged with Cydia. The developer has now given an important update, confirming that two of those three dependencies have now been put in place thanks to the assistance of Jay Walker and NitoTV, of Apple TV fame.
The first announcement confirmed that both of those individuals had assisted with getting DPKG compiled for iOS/arm64.
Got dpkg compiled for iOS/arm64 thanks to @nitoTV and @Jaywalker!
Just have GPG and APT left to go… 🙂
The second, which followed just a few hours later, confirmed that the GPG dependency had also been crossed off the list with assistance from the same individuals:
Thanks to @nitoTV and @Jaywalker’s script, it’s been a breeze to build GPG for iOS/arm64!
Just have APT left to go!
That fast-paced progress means that CoolStar and his trusted team of helpers only have APT to go as the final Cydia dependency before a new version of Electra should be able to be released with a modified version of Cydia bundled in as part of the payload. This is monumental as it’s not only the first time that Cydia will have been working on iOS 11 devices, but it means that Electra will be the first, and only, jailbreak package to actually liberate an iOS 11 device and inject Cydia.
We already know that saurik is working on Cydia update for iOS 11, but with him taking his time on it, this work by CoolStar will make Electra the gold-star standard for iOS 11.x.x jailbreaking. As always, this is now part of a waiting game to see when the final piece of that jigsaw is put in place. But, when it is, you can expect a quick release of an updated Electra in order to give the community what it wants.
(Source: @coolstarorg [Twitter])
You may also like to check out:
- The Best Kodi 17 Krypton Skins / Themes [2018 Edition]
- iOS 11.2.5 Jailbreak: iOS 11.2.2 Signing Window Glitch Allows You To Downgrade From Latest Firmware
- Fix Kodi Startup Crashes On Windows 10, Android, iPhone, More [2018 Guide]
- iOS 11.3 Beta 2 Download Expected Release Date
- Download iOS 11.2.5 Final IPSW Links, OTA Update For Your iPhone, iPad, iPod touch
- Downgrade iOS 11.2.5 To iOS 11.2.2 For Potential Future Jailbreak, Here’s How
- Jailbreak iOS 11.2.5 / 11.2.2 / 11.2.1 On iPhone And iPad [Status Update]
- Jailbreak iOS 11 / 11.1.2 On iPhone X, 8, 7, iPad Using LiberiOS [Updated]