The new wireless charging capabilities arrive as Apple also confirmed that the new iPhones will support fast wired charging, something that is super important when you just need to get some extra juice into your phone before heading out.
Apple did not mention whether their iPhones would support fast wireless charging as well, though, leaving many to wonder. Now we have the answer – yes, the iPhone 8, iPhone 8 Plus and iPhone X will indeed support fast wireless charging, but only after a software update which will come sometime later this fall.
While we do not yet know when that update will arrive, entries for Mophie and Belkin charging pads that are on sale via Apple Store both mention that “high-speed wireless charging is enabled with a free software update coming later this year.” Again, there is no confirmation there as to when that update will arrive, however Apple has also now confirmed that its new iPhones will support the 7.5W fast wireless charging via a future software update. Right now, wireless charging in all new iPhones is limited to 5W, meaning devices will charge more slowly.
The smart money here is on the update mentioned above landing around the same time as the iPhone X. We already know that iOS 11.1 will arrive at the same time as Apple’s flagship phone and with the device set to ship on November 3rd, that would definitely fit into the “later this year” time frame Apple so often likes to use.
If there is one thing that beats wireless charging, it’s fast wireless charging!
You may also like to check out:
- Download iOS 11 Final User Guide, As Well As For tvOS 11 And watchOS 4 From Apple
- Speed Up Or Fix iOS 11 Lag On iPhone, iPad, iPod touch [Tips]
- Fix Bad iOS 11 Battery Life Drain Percentage Issue, Here’s How [Guide]
- How To Downgrade iOS 11 To iOS 10.3.3 / iOS 10 [Tutorial]
- iOS 11 Download Final IPSW Links And OTA Update Released
- Download iOS 11 Links & Install On iPhone 7, 7 Plus, 6s, 6, SE, 5s, iPad, iPod [Tutorial]
- Jailbreak iOS 11 On iPhone And iPad [Status Update]