With iOS 11 beta 2 out now, here are its release notes, changes and known issues for iPhone, iPad and iPod touch devices.
Apple has today released iOS 11 beta 2 available to developers, meaning that they can now install the first release in which Apple has been able to hopefully work on some of the issues and bugs that were reported following the release of the initial beta.
That beta of course was made available to developers during the opening day keynote of WWDC, which means that the second release has come after two weeks following that.
While this is the second developer release of iOS 11, those who are part of the public beta program are still waiting for their first chance to install the latest and greatest that Apple has to offer. Perhaps understandably, Apple does not want to provide an untested iOS 11 to non-developers, and will likely only bring those people on board once the developer builds have reached a point at which it is confident that the risk of catastrophic data loss or device bricking is minimal.
With this second beta release, there are plenty of things that appear to have changed, while there are also still issues to be addressed. Apple’s full iOS 11 beta 2 release notes can be found below should you wish to pass five minutes with a coffee, with perhaps the list of known issues being the most interesting to read. For example. Apple notes that “syncing 32-bit apps via iTunes leaves a placeholder for the app,” which is something that might be a problem for those who continue to use the software to sync and update their devices. This is one example of something Apple would not want those on the public beta program to have to deal with.
If you are a developer though, this release is definitely one you should update to. For the full lowdown on what is new or fixed – or continues to be broken – check out the release notes above.
You may also like to check out:
- iOS 11 Beta 2 Download IPSW Links For iPhone, iPad, iPod touch Released
- iOS 11 Beta Compatibility For iPhone, iPad, iPod touch Devices
- How To Downgrade iOS 11 Beta To iOS 10.3.2 / 10.3.3 [Tutorial]
- Download iOS 11 Beta 2 & Install On iPhone 7, 7 Plus, 6s, 6, SE, 5s, iPad, iPod [Tutorial]
- Jailbreak iOS 11 On iPhone And iPad [Status Update]
- Jailbreak iOS 10.3.2 / 10.3.1 / 10.3 / 10.2.1 For iPhone And iPad [Latest Status Update]
- Download iOS 11 Beta 2 OTA Configuration Profile Without UDID / Developer Account [How-To Tutorial]