Netbooks since the year 2009 have stormed the world of PC market. PC hardware manufacturers are working on bringing new and improved models of this tiny form factor every other day. To help you choose which one is right for you, we have formulated a quick specs-wise comparison between the HP and Dell netbooks – HP Mini 210-1080NR vs Dell Mini 10v.
HP Mini 210-1080NR
Highly portable Mini 210-1080NR has a flush-glass display and comes in four color choices: HP Imprint in matte Silver, Pacific Blue, Sonoma Red, Black Crystal. It features Windows 7 Starter edition plus quick Web access for instant surfing, synch-up and video streaming applications from HP.
Key Features of HP MIni 210 are as follows:
- Quickly get around and get things done with Genuine Windows 7 Starter
- Work productively with the 1.66GHz Intel Atom Processor N450
- Enjoy the view on the 10.1" (diagonal) flush-glass WSVGA LED Brightview display (1024 x 600)
- Type comfortably with the nearly full-size keyboard (92% of standard size; much more comfortable than the thumb keys on most smart phones and PDAs)
- Start surfing in seconds with HP Quick Web
- Stay in sync with your primary PC using the HP QuickSync app
- Stream videos from other PCs easily and fast with HP MediaStream
- Store data on the 250GB (7200 rpm) hard drive
- Extend your running time with the 6-cell battery
- Express your style with the unique Pacific Blue design
- Easily go online in more locations with the integrated 802.11b/g/n WLAN
- Keep in touch through e-mail, instant messaging, video chats, and social networking, whether you’re at home, around town, or across the country
- Chat face-to-face with friends and family via the built-in webcam and preinstalled Skype application
- Travel light with the thin design (less than 2.7 lb.)
Dell Inspiron Mini 10v
Dell Inspiron Mini 10v has everything that you can wish to have in your netbook. It is highly portable with sharp design, complete with excellent wireless connectivity and entertainment features which makes the Mini 10v exactly what you were looking for in your next device. With 7 color options, you can have the netbook in the color of your choice! Apart from all this, the Dell Mini 10v is probably the only netbook available today that can run OS X Snow Leopard 10.6.x (Hackintosh) with complete hardware support. If you are looking for a cheap Mac alternative, the Dell Mini 10v is without a doubt the way to go!
Key Features of Dell Mini 10v are as follows:
- Widescreen viewing: the most disturbing thing on website is left-right scrolling. Its bright 10.1″, widescreen display surface with a 16:9 aspect ratio is designed to present websites without hassle of left-right scrolling, as well as with a smoother line of sight.
- Social Connection: The Inspiron Mini 10v makes it even easier to stay connected to your world wherever you go. The new internal 802.11b/g WiFi connection brings you wireless technology as well as optional Bluetooth® 2.1 to stay connected all over. Dell Inspiron Mini 10v is small, virtually weightless design that lets you travel light while keeping up with your blog, video chat, instant messenger and email so that you are never disconnected from your family and friends.
- Storage: Besides 160GB hard drive option and 1GB of RAM, you can also keep your files online! Store, access, collaborate and share any type of file through a secure, simple and intuitive web browser experience. Plus, you can purchase larger accounts to store more files.
- Keyboard: The Mini 10v’s keyboard is user friendly and extremely easy to use. The keyboard is 92% of the size of a traditional laptop keyboard and you may not even feel that difference on your fingers.
- Long battery life: The Mini 10v provides an extended battery life while keeping the weight of the systems remains under 1.2kg. So no need to sacrifice light weight advantage for battery life.
- Dell DataSafeTM Online: Dell’s online backup service offers data protection by enabling customers to backup data to a safe, remote storage site using a broadband connection. Dell DataSafe Online is easy, flexible and secure. Set up and forget it for backup of data and help protecting against software, hardware and catastrophic failure.
- Dell Support Center: Dell’s centrally located, easy-to-use application provides personalized support resources. Conveniently located on your PC’s desktop with quick links to service, support and system resources. Helps keep your system up-to-date and running efficiently through automated fixes for common configuration issues.
- Operating System: Windows 7 or Mac OS X Snow Leopard (Hackintosh)
click here to see the above image in full resolution.
You may also like to check out:
- Windows 7 Netbook with Dual Screen
- Nokia Booklet 3G Netbook with Windows 7
- HP TouchSmart tm2 Hands On with Windows 7
- Google Branded Chrome OS Netbook
- Multi-touch Capable Notebooks/Tablets and Netbooks for Windows 7