TaiG iOS 8.2 jailbreak has been released for beta 1 and beta 2. Here’s a complete tutorial on how to jailbreak any iPhone or iPad on iOS 8.2.
Apple recently dropped iOS 8.1.3, and with it, temporarily killed the idea of achieving a jailbreak for those who updated. However, there is a way for those of you running the latest public release of Apple’s software to jailbreak, and although it’ll probably take you slightly longer than usual, it’s nonetheless a straightforward process.
iOS 8.1.2 is the latest jailbreakable public release, but while downgrading is not a possibility, TaiG does have some joy on iOS 8.2 beta 1 and 2, meaning that you can update to the first or second beta of the upcoming build and utilize the fruits of Cydia once more.
There is, however, no easy way to get hold of the iOS 8.2 beta 1 or beta 2 software; that’s the bit you’ll have to do on your own. However, if you are on iOS 8.1.3 and would still like to jailbreak your device, the added good news is that, somewhat unusually, iOS 8.2 beta 2 has no expiration date. This means, in theory, that once you have iOS 8.2 beta 2 in your possession, you’ve always got an option to jailbreak, and so without further ado, here’s how it’s done.
- iPhone 4s
- iPhone 5
- iPhone 5c
- iPhone 5s
- iPhone 6
- iPhone 6 Plus
- iPad 2
- iPad 3
- iPad 4
- iPad Air
- iPad Air 2
- iPad mini 3, 2, 1
- iPod touch 5th-gen
Things to remember
- TaiG is Windows-only, therefore if you’re on a Mac, then simply follow this guide on how to install TaiG on your OS X powered machine, or just use PP Jailbreak.
- If you’re on iOS 8.1.2 or earlier, you’re much better off checking our previous guides on how to jailbreak using either TaiG, Pangu or PP.
- You can only jailbreak iOS 8.2 betas 1 or 2; this will not work with latest iOS 8.2 betas or when public 8.2 is released. This is because TaiG exploits were not patched until iOS 8.2 beta 3 was released.
- Make sure you take a backup of any important data before proceeding; this can be done in iTunes or via iCloud.
- Download iOS 8.2 beta 1 or Download iOS 8.2 beta 2 from Apple’s Dev Center.
How to jailbreak iOS 8.2
Step 1. Download the TaiG jailbreak tool from here.
Step 2. Connect your device to your computer via USB.
Step 3. On your device, go to Settings > Touch ID & Passcode, and disable Passcode and Touch ID both. This is a temporary measure and once you’re jailbroken, you can reinstate these features.
Step 4. Disable Find my iPhone by going to Settings > iCloud > Find my iPhone. Again, you’ll be able to activate Find My iPhone again after the procedure is complete.
Step 5. Launch TaiG, let it locate your device, and before you proceed, uncheck the ‘3K Assistant’ option.
Step 6. When you’re all set, simply click on the ‘Start’ button in the bottom center of the UI of the tool.
Step 7. Finally, let TaiG work its magic, and very soon, you’ll have a jailbroken iOS device once more.