Apple’s AirPods are amazing little earphones, mainly because they are completely wireless and require next to no work to pair to a device, especially those built by Apple. Where they do lack a little something, however, is in the sound quality department.
At $159 per pair, the idea of earphones being so well regarded but not being great sounding is an odd one, but thankfully, improving the sound itself is not too difficult. All you need is some foam, some time, and some patience.
The main complaint levelled at the AirPods, and indeed their wired alternatives EarPods, is that the base response is less than stellar. In fact, it’s sub-par if we are being brutally honest, but as with so many things in life, convenience makes this less important for some people. There are ways to improve how bass is produced, however, and a YouTube video by PoltergeistWorks has everything you need to get the work done.
You really do need to watch the video in order to get the full lowdown on what needs to be done, but the upshot is that by adding foam to the AirPods, you will be able to reduce or eliminate the space between them and your ears. As everyone knows, such spaces are the enemy of sound quality and in particular, bass. The foam should go some way to rectifying that issue, although we still think the best option would be for Apple to actually make the AirPods so they go in our ears properly. Just a thought.
In the meantime though, we suggest checking the video out. The work should take you less than 30 minutes and all you need is the foam, a small screwdriver and something to heat it – a lighter should do the trick just fine. Be careful, take your time and above all, enjoy the results when you’re finished. We think you’ll be pleased!
(Source: PoltergeistWorks [YouTube])
You may also like to check out:
- iOS 11.2 Beta 4 Changes, Release Notes And Changelog Details You Need To Know About
- iOS 11.2 Beta 4 Download Released For Testing [Updated]
- iOS 11.1.2 Changelog, Release Notes, Security Content Released
- GBA4iOS 2.1.1 IPA Download For iOS 11 Adds Fix For Dropbox Sync Issue
- Download iOS 11.1.2 IPSW Links And OTA Update For iPhone, iPad, iPod touch
- Downgrade iOS 11 / 11.1.2 On iPhone Or iPad [How-To Guide]
- Download iOS 11, 11.1.2, 11.1.1 Links & Install On iPhone X, 8, 7 Plus, 6s, 6, SE, iPad, iPod [Tutorial]
- Jailbreak iOS 11 / 11.1.2 / 11.1.1 On iPhone And iPad [Status Update]