Here’s how you can get the new iOS 11 Lock screen Passcode UI on iOS 10 running iPhone, iPad or iPod touch devices.
As you probably know by now, iOS 11 features a revamped Passcode design on the Lock screen. And since we have a while to wait yet until Apple officially hands iOS 11 over to the general population, those who find themselves in a jailbroken state on iOS 10 can enjoy a replicated iOS 11 experience in specific areas.
If you do find yourself in possession of a jailbroken device, and you happen to love the simplicity of the new iOS 11 Lock screen Passcode interface, then you can follow the relatively simple steps below to get up and running. To make it as easy as possible, the process simply involves the installation of one tweak from Cydia and then manipulating a number of settings to set the effect up.
Step 1: On your jailbroken device, launch Cydia just like you probably do ten times a day. Wait for all packages to refresh and head into the Search functionality.
Step 2: Search for the Faces Pro tweak. When it comes back in the search results tap on it and go through the installation process as you usually would.
Step 3: There’s a little bit of work involved on your part here. Download the image from imgur.com/a/eG5Nt and make sure that it is set as the background image of all of the Passcode buttons using the Faces Pro tweak.
Step 4: Now, still within the options for the Faces Pro tweak, you will need to manually adjust the transparency settings to suit your own personal tastes. Nobody outside of Apple will actually know the true transparency settings baked into iOS 11 for the new Lock screen, so it’s a case of experimenting until you are happy with the visuals.
As you can probably guess, using this particular method isn’t going to be entirely perfect when compared to its iOS 11 counterpart. Nobody truly knows all of the variables that are part of the underlying iOS 11 Lock screen codebase that defines how it looks, but this is a fairly good compromise for those who want to try and replicate the experience on devices running iOS 10.
You may also like to check out:
- iOS 11 Features Apple Copied From Jailbreak Tweaks On Cydia
- iOS 11 Vs Android O 8.0: Features Not Available On Stock Google Mobile OS
- How To Get Best iOS 11 Features On iOS 10 Right Now
- 150+ Hidden / Secret iOS 11 Features For iPhone And iPad [Updated List]
- iOS 11 Beta Vs iOS 10 Visual Differences Comparison [Screenshots]
- Download iOS 11 Beta 1 IPSW Links For iPhone, iPad, iPod touch Right Now
- Download iOS 11 Beta OTA Configuration Profile Without UDID / Developer Account [How-To Tutorial]
- Download iOS 11 Beta 1 & Install On iPhone 7, 7 Plus, 6s, 6, SE, 5s, iPad, iPod [Tutorial]