In November last year, Facebook announced a whole new messaging system which was basically a mash-up of IM, real-time chat and email. And today, Facebook has started rolling out the new Messages system for everyone.
We’ve begun expanding the rollout of Messages to everyone on Facebook. This will happen gradually over the next few weeks.
In case you don’t already know, here is how it works: Facebook Messages (Mail) will use your current public vanity url. If you currently have a www.facebook.com/yourname, you be able to register your firstname.lastname@example.org vanity. Whenever someone sends you a message on that address, you either get it in the chat box, your inbox or if you have an iPhone; all your messages will be pushed on it and you can reply back quickly and easily through the medium which is more accessible for you. The best part about it is that you can go through the history seamlessly (à la Google Wave).
You may also like to check out:
- Facebook Launches Location Service Called “Places”. Update Coming to iPhone App Tonight !
- What is the First Thing Young Women Do in Morning Before Going to Bathroom? Check Facebook [Report]
- Facebook for iPhone App has Over 100 Million Users! That is as Much as All iOS Devices Sold by Apple
- Facebook for Android Gets a Major Overhaul ! Zuckerberg’s Move to Android Might Have Something to do with that..
- Facebook Launches New Groups, Refreshed Interface, Download Your Facebook Data Feature & Application Dashboard