Facebook at their press event today have announced a whole new messaging system which is a mash up of IM, real-time chat and email. It allows you to message people in a more seamless, informal, immediate, personal, simple, minimal and short way as quoted by CEO & Founder Mark Zuckerburg.
The new Facebook messaging system goes like this: Facebook Messages (Mail) will use your current public vanity url. If you currently have a www.facebook.com/yourname, you be able to register your firstname.lastname@example.org vanity. Whenever someone sends you a message on that address, you either get it in the chat box, your inbox or if you have an iPhone; all your messages will be pushed on it and you can reply back quickly and easily through the medium which is more accessible for you. The best part about it is that you can go through the history seamlessly (à la Google Wave)! In short, Facebook has your data of what you’ve been talking about with people.
Still don’t get it? Check out the video below which shows how it all works:
Among all the mobile platforms, iPhone users will get the first love! So expect an update of Facebook for iPhone soon with this all new unified Facebook messaging system built right into it!
You may also like to check out:
- Facebook Launches Location Service Called “Places”. Update Coming to iPhone App Tonight !
- What is the First Thing Young Women Do in Morning Before Going to Bathroom? Check Facebook [Report]
- Facebook for iPhone App has Over 100 Million Users! That is as Much as All iOS Devices Sold by Apple
- Facebook for Android Gets a Major Overhaul ! Zuckerberg’s Move to Android Might Have Something to do with that..
- Facebook Launches New Groups, Refreshed Interface, Download Your Facebook Data Feature & Application Dashboard