[image via @kursed]
The Android application finally gets Facebook Groups and Places integration. Groups allows you to stay up to date with small groups of friends and share things within a private space. Places, on the other hand, is Facebook’s version of checking-in to places a la Foursquare and Gowalla. Both features, which were absent in Android, will be included in the app update.
Official update log:
New features include:
– Groups: share posts with small groups of friends
– Places: share where you are with friends, see where friends are, discover places nearby
– Improved notifications: view comments and updates within the app
I haven’t tested it myself yet, but @kursed on Twitter reports that Facebook for Android finally has the ability to open notifications from within the app! This was one of the bigger reasons why I simply didn’t care for the app in the days past. It felt more like a web wrapper than anything else. Not anymore! Yay!
The app is out now on Android Market, get it while it’s hot!
You may also like to check out:
- Facebook Founder Mark Zuckerberg Disses iPhone
- Facebook Comments Gets "Like" Button too!
- Facebook for Android Gets a Major Overhaul ! Zuckerberg’s Move to Android Might Have Something to do with that..