We all have been waiting for this!! And now that iPhone 4 jailbreak has been released to public, the much awaited update to My3G app has been released !! With this new updated version of My3G for iPhone 4, you can now make FaceTime video calls over your cellular 3G network which otherwise isn’t possible. This in my opinion is a killer app and will alone be worth jailbreaking your iPhone 4 for.
Official description of the app is as follows.
Facetime over 3G!!!!
My3G: Take back your 3G! My3G makes Apps believe that they are on WiFi instead of 3G. With My3G, you can now watch HiDef YouTube videos, use Skype/Fring/Other VOIP apps over the 3G network!
– In-App popup request to enable/never ask for My3G to be enabled for that app
– In-App indicator when My3G changes the network from 3G to WiFi
– Ability to select which apps are My3G enabled and not.
– Default Apps – no configuration for the most popular apps!
– SBSettings Toggle! You can temporarily enable My3G for all apps or toggle back using your defined Apps list
– Dynamic enablement – Higher successs rate (near 100%) then 3G Unrestrictor (which does one off solutions for apps). My3G enables 3G indicators more dynamically.
– Facetime over 3G!!!
You will of course need a jailbroken iPhone to get it installed. Follow our complete step by step guide posted here to jailbreak iPhone 4 on iOS 4.0.1 / 4.0 using JailbreakMe 2.0. Once you are done with the jailbreak, goto Cydia, search for “My3G” app and install it. My3G will also install “RockApp” as a part of its package.
My3G for iPhone 4 is available on RockApp fo USD $3.99 and is worth every penny of yours!
You may also like to check out:
- Enable Wireless Tethering on iOS 4 iPhone with MyWi 4.0
- AppSync 4.0 Now Available for iOS 4.0 Jailbroken Devices
- How to Install Game Center App on iOS 4 Final Version
- Fix 1604, 1600 Error During iOS 4 Custom Firmware Restore in Tunes
- How to Save iPhone 4 SHSH Blobs (ECID SHSH) on iOS 4 – iPhone 3GS, iPod touch Guide Here