Microsoft Windows 10 is well and truly here. According to Microsoft Chief Executive Officer Satya Nadella, it marks a “new era” for personal computing. It remains to be seen as to whether consumers and businesses around the world will agree with Nadella’s assessment of the operating system, but it’s safe to say that this is Microsoft’s most ambitious and potentially impressive Windows release till date.
We understand that the majority of users would have downloaded Windows 10 directly through ‘Windows Update’ as part of the free-of-charge upgrade process, but for those in need of an official Windows 10 ISO file, rest assured that Microsoft hasn’t forgotten about you.
Microsoft has clearly attempted to make sure that all bases are covered as far as installation options are concerned. Although the company started initiating pre-downloads of the operating system to registered PCs approximately 24-hours before the official launch in late July last year, it does appear to recognize that some consumers would require an official ISO image of the Windows 10 platform whenever the need to manually install or reinstall the OS on a formatted machine arises. The ISO image will of course allow for the creation of a bootable USB flash drive or DVD, to serve as an installation source.
Best of all, you don’t need any product key to download the ISO media file from Microsoft. Just about anyone can download it as long as they have an Internet connection. Though it is important to note that genuine Windows product key will be required for activation purposes during or after installation.
As part of the ISO offering, Microsoft has created a relatively small check list of what’s actually required before beginning the download:
- An active and reliable Internet connection.
- Enough storage space available on the computer being used to download the ISO.
- A blank USB storage device or DVD with at least 4GB of space for the creation of media. There’ll also be the requirement for a DVD burner if that’s your chosen medium.
- Make sure your PC meets all other Windows 10 requirements, you can check those here: How To Prepare Your PC For Windows 10 The Right Way [Guide].
- As mentioned above, if you are doing a clean install, a genuine Windows product key will be required during installation process. Here’s guide on clean installing Windows 10: How To Clean Install Windows 10 On Your PC The Right Way [Guide].
If all of those criteria are met then Microsoft has put up an official Windows 10 Disc Image (ISO) download page here.
Select your desired edition:
Select the language:
And you’re good to go!
It really couldn’t get any simpler, and it’s great to see that Microsoft has attempted to cover all avenues with this Windows 10 release.
You may also like to check out:
- How To Download And Install Windows 10 Free Upgrade [Tutorial]
- Force Download Windows 10 Free Upgrade Right Now, Here’s How [Tutorial]
- Windows 10 Product Key And Activation: How To Find It And How It Works