Here’s how to download and install Reicast IPA of Dreamcast emulator app on an iOS 10 iPhone or iPad. No jailbreak is required for this to work.
The Reicast Dreamcast emulator has managed to make something of a name for itself in the Android world by allowing device owners to play Dreamcast games in high-definition on those devices. However, it’s now available for iOS, and as you would expect, we have all of the information that you need below on how to go about installing it on your non-jailbroken device.
Step 1: You definitely aren’t going to be able to get this wonderful app installed onto your device if you don’t have the necessary IPA file. You can grab the latest Reicast app file for iOS 10 from here.
Step 2: Now that you have the Reicast app in your possession, you are going to need to go through the process of actually getting it onto the device. There are a couple of different ways to do this depending on the type of computer that you are using and the route you want to choose:
- The official method using Xcode 7 or higher [Mac]: How To Sideload iOS Apps Without Jailbreak Using Xcode 7 For Free
- Using Cydia Impactor [Windows or Mac]: Sideload iOS Apps On Windows, Mac With Cydia Impactor Without Jailbreak, Here’s How
Step 3: After running through one of those guides, you should now have the Reicast emulator on your device. You will, however, notice that it won’t launch due to permissions within iOS. Launch Settings app and navigate to General > Profiles & Device Management. Note that on some devices this may just be listed under Profiles.
Step 4: Select the profile listed against the installation of the new application and tap on it. You will get more information about the profile, with an option to Trust it. Tap on the Trust button and confirm the action.
And voila! That should be all that is needed to trust the app and tell iOS that it should allow the app to be invoked. You can then go directly to the app and launch it just like you would with any app.
It’s important to note that while you now have the emulator installed, but in order to actually start playing games, you will need to have access to or download Dreamcast BIOS and image files of the games you want to play. Once you get hold of them, you should then be able to start playing your favorite Dreamcast classics right on your iPhone.
You may also like to check out:
- Want Multiple Kodi Portable Mode Installations On PC Or USB Drive? Here’s How To Do It
- How To Downgrade iOS 11 Beta To iOS 10.3.2 / 10.3.3 [Tutorial]
- Download 10.5-Inch iPad Pro Wallpapers In All Colors For Any Device
- Download iOS 11 Beta 1 & Install On iPhone 7, 7 Plus, 6s, 6, SE, 5s, iPad, iPod [Tutorial]
- Jailbreak iOS 11 On iPhone And iPad [Status Update]
- Jailbreak iOS 10.3.2 / 10.3.1 / 10.3 / 10.2.1 For iPhone And iPad [Latest Status Update]
- Download iOS 11 Beta OTA Configuration Profile Without UDID / Developer Account [How-To Tutorial]