Pokemon Go version 1.11.2 for iOS and version 0.41.2 for Android are available to download now. Here’s everything new in this update.
The time may have passed when everyone was playing Pokémon Go, but there are still plenty of users enjoying its quirky, augmented reality world in which they are tasked with “catching them all.” If you’re one of such users, then we have a good news. The game is in the process of receiving a new update across both the iOS and Android platforms as was teased by Niantic a few days back. The update is rolling out right now, so if you don’t yet see your installation update from the App Store or Google Play, it may be worth waiting a while and checking again.
The update, which brings Pokémon Go up to versions 0.41.2 for Android and 1.11.2 for iOS, is both a mix of bug fixes and some additional features, some of which may make considerable differences to your Pokémon Go enjoyment.
As mentioned earlier, Niantic gave us peek at one of the major new features to have arrived with this update a few days back, which is the Catch Bonus. Apart from this, the new update is now also allowing up to six Pokémon to be brought into battle at friendly Gyms, and it has also decreased the evolution animation, among other things.
Niantic has also released the complete changelog which details just what has gone into this updated version of the game.
- Catch Bonus: Trainers can earn a catch bonus for a Pokémon type as they catch more of a specific type.
- Updated Gym Training: Trainers can now bring six Pokémon to battle at friendly Gyms. The CP of the Pokémon you are battling may be temporarily adjusted lower for your training session.
- Egg & Incubator Screens: These will periodically update the distance walked without the Trainer needing to close and reopen the screen.
- Fixed several audio issues.
- Decreased the evolution animation time.
- Minor fixes
Pokémon Go was the biggest gig in town for a good few weeks not that long ago, but participation in the game has fallen off a cliff as of late, perhaps due to over saturation of the market. There are, after all, only so many people a game like this can reach. Whatever the reason, Niantic will be hoping that this latest raft of changes will re-engage its erstwhile fans.
Pokémon Go 1.11.2 for iOS and 0.41.2 for Android can be downloaded from App Store and Play Store respectively.
You may also like to check out:
- The Best Pokemon Go Cheats, Tweaks, Tips [Guide]
- How To Unban A Banned Pokemon Go Account
- The Best Pokevision Alternatives For Pokemon Go On iOS, Android, Web
- How To Fix Common iOS 10 Problems And Bugs