Apple just released final version of iOS 8.4.1 download links for iPhone, iPad and iPod touch users. This release comes almost a month after iOS 8.4 was released with support for Apple Music in late June.
iOS 8.4.1 will likely be the last release of iOS 8. With iOS 9 in beta since early June, it is expected to launch alongside new iPhone 6s and iPhone 6s Plus at an event next month in September.
While there is no 100% confirmation yet, rumor has it that Apple has patched exploits used by TaiG to jailbreak iOS 8.4, and iOS 8.1.3, 8.2 and 8.3 before it. If you’re a jailbreaker and care about all the tweaks you have installed, DO NOT update to iOS 8.4.1 until there is any confirmation on jailbreak front. We’ll obviously post here as soon as we get to know more about it.
Those of you who don’t care about jailbreaking, you can simply update over-the-air to the latest version by heading to Settings > General > Software Update.
Here’s the full official changelog of iOS 8.4.1:
Alternatively, you can also update using iTunes by downloading the IPSW file for your device from the links given below. You may also need the IPSW file if you’re planning to do a clean restore of iOS on your device.
Direct download links for iOS 8.4.1:
- iPad Air 2 (6th generation WiFi)
- iPad Air 2 (6th generation Cellular)
- iPad Air (5th generation WiFi + Cellular)
- iPad Air (5th generation WiFi)
- iPad Air (5th generation CDMA)
- iPad (4th generation CDMA)
- iPad (4th generation GSM)
- iPad (4th generation WiFi)
- iPad mini (CDMA)
- iPad mini (GSM)
- iPad mini (WiFi)
- iPad mini 2 (WiFi + Cellular)
- iPad mini 2 (WiFi)
- iPad mini 2 (CDMA)
- iPad mini 3 (China)
- iPad mini 3 (WiFi)
- iPad mini 3 (Cellular)
- iPad 3 Wi-Fi (3rd generation)
- iPad 3 Wi-Fi + Cellular (GSM)
- iPad 3 Wi-Fi + Cellular (CDMA)
- iPad 2 Wi-Fi (Rev A)
- iPad 2 Wi-Fi
- iPad 2 Wi-Fi + 3G (GSM)
- iPad 2 Wi-Fi + 3G (CDMA)
- iPhone 5 (CDMA)
- iPhone 5 (GSM)
- iPhone 5c (CDMA)
- iPhone 5c (GSM)
- iPhone 5s (CDMA)
- iPhone 5s (GSM)
- iPhone 6
- iPhone 6 Plus
- iPhone 4s
- iPod touch (5th-generation)
- iPod touch (6th-generation)
Update x1: Apple has patched jailbreak exploits in iOS 8.4.1. More on this here.
You may also like to check out:
- iOS 8.4.1 Jailbreak Status Update
- Downgrade iOS 8.4.1 To iOS 8.4, Here’s How [Tutorial]
- Jailbreak iOS 8.4 With TaiG / PP On iPhone 6, 6 Plus, 5s, More [Updated]