Apple has just released iOS 4.1 Beta 2 for all iPhones and iPod touches. This beta build, like all the previous betas is meant for developers only. Only members enrolled in the iPhone Developer Standard or Enterprise Program can access these bits of by signing into Apple Developer Connection.
Beta 1 of iOS 4.1 was released about two weeks ago on July 15th.
Download iOS 4.1 Beta 2 and SDK
- iOS 4.1 Beta 2 contains a new baseband for iPhone 4, 3GS and 3G. If you rely on an unlock, DO NOT update to Beta 2.
- Build number of iOS 4.2 Beta 2 is 8B5091b.
- Gizmodo is reporting that this build has apparently solved the proximity sensor issue which was plaguing some iPhone 4 users since launch.
- The Next Web is reporting that iOS 4.1 may have fixed the slowness issue of iOS 4 / 4.0.1 on iPhone 3G.
UPDATE 2: iOS 4.1 Beta 2 is jailbreakable on iPhone 3G and iPod touch 2G (non-MC model) using Redsn0w. More info can be found here.
More updates as they come.. Stay tuned !!
You may also like to check out:
- How to Jailbreak and Unlock iOS 4.0.1 on iPhone 3GS, iPhone 3G with Redsn0w
- How to Unlock iOS 4 with Ultrasn0w and Blacksn0w on 05.13.04 Baseband [Guide]
- How to Jailbreak and Unlock iOS 4.1 on iPhone 3G and iPod touch 2G with Redsn0w [Downgrade]
- How to Jailbreak iOS 4.0 on iPhone 3GS, iPhone 3G and iPod touch 2G using Redsn0w, PwnageTool 4.0 (Windows)