If your excitement levels were propelled through the roof when you learned that the Greeng0blin jailbreak for Apple TV had been released but was immediately dampened when you realized that you were no longer running tvOS 10.2.2, then worry not.
This guide will take you through the process of downgrading your tvOS firmware from the latest tvOS 11.2.5 to tvOS 10.2.2.
For one reason or another, at the time of writing, Apple is currently still signing the tvOS 10.2.2 firmware, which means that it is possible to downgrade the firmware version on Apple TV 4 to one which is compatible with Greeng0blin. Thanks to Kevin Bradley, all Apple TV 4 owners can get a liberated Apple TV running tvOS 10.2.2 and benefit from the NitoTV experience. Let’s take a quick look at the requirements and process involved in downgrading to tvOS 10.2.2.
- The latest version of iTunes installed on your PC or Mac.
- The required tvOS 10.2.2 IPSW file for your Apple TV, which you can get from here.
- A small amount of patience and some time put aside for the process.
The Apple TV Downgrade Process:
Step 1: First and foremost, make sure your Apple TV is connected to your computer with a relevant USB-C cable. If it doesn’t launch automatically or isn’t already open, make sure that you launch iTunes.
Step 2: Head into the section which gives you information about the connected Apple TV. Hold down the Option/Alt key if you are using a Mac, or the SHIFT key if you are using a Windows machine, and click the Restore Apple TV button in iTunes. This is us basically telling iTunes that we want to do a manual restore.
Step 3: In the resulting system window, navigate to wherever you saved the tvOS 10.2.2 file and select it. Remember that this is the part of the process where iTunes restores the file to the device and wipes everything stored on Apple TV in the process.
Step 4: iTunes will provide a number of informative prompts. Just make sure that you accept those to ensure that the restore process completes as expected.
Let iTunes work its magic. Exercise a small amount of patience, and you will be left with an Apple TV running tvOS 10.2.2. It’s now time to get some Greeng0blin in your life. Head over to our coverage of the tool here to download it and then jailbreak your Apple TV with it!
You may also like to check out:
- iOS 12 Beta Download, Rumors, Features, Release Date [Everything We Know So Far]
- iOS 11.3 Beta 3 Download And Expected Release Date
- Download GBA4iOS 2.1 iOS 11 IPA On iPhone Or iPad [No Jailbreak Required]
- Download MovieBox++ iOS 11 IPA On iPhone, iPad [No Jailbreak Required]
- Download iOS 11.2.5 Final IPSW Links, OTA Update For Your iPhone, iPad, iPod touch
- Downgrade iOS 11.2.5 To iOS 11.2.2 For Potential Future Jailbreak, Here’s How
- Jailbreak iOS 11.2.5 / 11.2.2 / 11.2.1 On iPhone And iPad [Status Update]
- Jailbreak iOS 11 / 11.1.2 On iPhone X, 8, 7, iPad Using LiberiOS [Updated]