You know that CES is currently underway, right? Of course you do, it’s almost impossible to avoid it right now and that is unlikely to change for a few days at least.
The great thing about CES, though, beyond the constant barrage of news and gadgets, is that we get to see some truly impressive and potentially groundbreaking kit.
No, not all of it falls into either of those categories but sometimes even the most mundane of announcements can be exciting when you consider how they may change our daily lives. With so much going on this week, below are three mini stories that we think you will enjoy. They are all related to announcements during the ongoing CES and we’re going to make sure everything is in bite-size form – we know you’ve much more CES information to catch up on! Let’s get started, shall we?
Philips Hue Entertainment, Mac App, 3.0 Update, More
When it comes to smart lighting, Philips is undoubtedly the biggest name in town. The company has now announced a few new things including an updated Hue app for mobile devices, an all-new Mac app for those who want such a thing, as well as some new outdoor lighting solutions. The Mac app will be the first from Philips and will bring over-the-air software updating for existing Hue products, too. The new Hue 3.0 app for iOS and Android looks gorgeous and is quite the step up from the current release. Expect the update to land in Q2. Also being rolled out is Hue Entertainment to synchronize Hue lights with games, movies and music, with Razer gaming PCs being first to get this integration with more to follow soon.
Satechi All-In-One 75W Travel Charger
When you have a computer, a tablet, a watch, and a smartphone all needing to be charged at all times, it can be a real pain when you travel. Accessory firm Satechi has announced the Type-C 75W Multiport Travel Charger that can be used to charge four devices at once, including Apple’s MacBooks with USB-C ports. Ports on the device include:
- 1 60W USB-C port (for use with a MacBook/MacBook Pro or to fast charge an iPhone and iPad)
- 2 2.4A USB-A ports
- 1 Qualcomm Quick Charge 3.0 port (compatible with iPhone X/8, Nintendo Switch, and just about all flagship Android phones)
Matias Keyboard with RGB Lights for Macs
Keyboards may not always make headlines, but they really should sometimes. During CES, accessory maker Matias announced a new RGB-backlit keyboard for the Mac with Apple design aesthetics, something that does not happen too often. Made of aluminum and looking rather stunning, the keyboard will cost $99 when it is available in February. There are two versions available – silver and space gray – and both are wired solutions. There’s a built-in USB 2.0 port for plugging another accessory in, too.
You may also like to check out:
- iOS 11.2.5 Beta 4 Changes, Release Notes And Changelog Details You Need To Know About
- iOS 11.2.5 Beta 4 IPSW / OTA Download Released, Here Are The Details
- Downgrade iOS 11.2.2 To iOS 11.2.1 Or 11.1.2: Here’s What You Need To Know
- List: iOS 10.3.3 Jailbreak Tweaks Compatibility For 64-Bit Devices
- iOS 11.2.2 Release Notes, Changelog And Security Content: Here’s What Has Changed
- Download iOS 11.2.2 IPSW Links And OTA For iPhone, iPad, iPod touch
- Jailbreak iOS 11.2.2 / 11.2.1 / 11.2.5 On iPhone And iPad [Status Update]
- Jailbreak iOS 11 / 11.1.2 On iPhone X, 8, 7, iPad Using LiberiOS [Updated]