CarrierCrack, the jailbreak tweak of sorts that gives users access to all manner of new carrier-related goodies has today received support for iOS 10, although there are a few things you’ll need to bear in mind before cracking open the champagne. The updated tweak is ready to go now, and costs $2.99 should you wish to partake.
Whilst it’s true that iOS 10 support is now on the CarrierCrack featurelist, you’ll obviously need to be jailbroken and have Cydia Substrate installed.
If your iOS device is still toting compatible firmware, our jailbreak guides for iOS 10-10.1.1 have you covered in that area. You’ll also need to install the full or free version of iFile and CommCenter patch, but the latter’s offered as part of the CarrierCrack purchase, so no need to worry there.
Perhaps the main limitation you need to be aware of, though, is that the only carrier currently supported on iOS 10 is T-Mobile in the United States, so everyone else will need to stay on iOS 9 for now. The good news is that there are plenty of iPhones supported – iPhone SE, 6s, 6s Plus, 7 and 7 Plus are all good to go.
So what will you get when you install CarrierCrack? Well, quite a bit, although given the limitations we just outlined, it’s important to remember that not all of the features that were available as part of the tweak in iOS 9 will be available with iOS 10 installed. We’ve quoted any features compatible with iOS 10 as of this writing in the list below.
- Free tethering/hotspot
- Unlocked APN settings menu
- Additional QoS settings for data and voice services
- LTE prioritization (holds LTE signals much more effectively)
- Enhanced signal capabilities (more bars and faster speeds in more places)
- Enhanced 3G+ speeds for GSM users
That’s quite the list of things you can fiddle with CarrierCrack T-Mobile carrier hack on iPhone. If even a couple of those are of use to you, we posit that the tweak is well worth the $2.99 asking price.
You can get CarrierCrack from itweakios.com/carriercrack.
You might also like to check out:
- How To Check And Install iPhone Carrier Settings Update
- How To Enable WiFi Calling On iPhone
- How To Check / Verify If Your SHSH2 Blobs Are Valid The Easy Way
- Jailbreak iOS 10 / 10.1.1 On iPhone 7, Plus, 6s, iPad Pro Using Yalu [Updated]
- Jailbreak iOS 10.2 / 10.2.1 For iPhone And iPad [Latest Status Update]